Friday 12 June 2009

8, 3, 1 by Guest Writer ☆Caroline☆ Gbolade

8, 3, 1 is what you told me, just three weeks before you step out the door. If I had known what the future held for us, then I would have said it even more. It seems like only yesterday, we made a committed oath, saying our vow’s making our parents proud, as they looked at us with aspiration and hope.
Who would have known that was to be, would be the start of a brand new life.
Without you hear I’m institutionalized in fear, knowing that I will never see your face, no other man will ever take your place.
8, 3, 1, my dear for your foot prints will never be too far away, side by side you’ll walk with me throughout the depths of my life.
8, 3, 1, 8 letters 3 words one meaning, and I believe in ever lasting love, beyond all feeling. You’re my jam to my doughnut, my hazel to my walnut.
And you’ll always know that, 8, 3, 1 a thousand times and more, from the tips to my fingers to the twinkle in my eye and the beaming beat of my heart.
So as I end this poem like you ended our last goodbye, 8, 3, 1 always and forever till the day I die.

Written By Caroline Gbolade Copy right protected 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

5-Star Rating Widget